Friday, September 4, 2009

Great News!

Josie's passport, visa and all paperwork arrived today!!  YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!  I can officially bring her home.  I am beyond excited!!  It has been such a wonderful experience being here and the people are amazing....I HIGHLY recommend the Ethiopian Guest House.....but I am ready to bring my little punkin' home. 
 
She has gotten the meltdowns narrowed down to about one a day...which is super considering the first day.  hopefully soon they will be one every few days!!  =)  Hard to believe we'll be on the plane home in 24 hrs.....definitely need everyone's prayers for that trip home.  We've saved back 2 cans of Gerber "puffs" for the trip...we've been rationing.  She loves those things and i'm hoping that will help make the trip a little more pleasant for the other people trapped on the plane with us. 
 
Tommorrow morning we're going to see the place where she was found after being abandoned.  I'm trying to gather as much information about the country and culture as possible to relay to her as she grows up.  At last count, I think Kelly has taken over 1000 pics as I'm excited to share with everyone very soon.  By the way, have I said before how incredibly cute Josie is???  Ok, just wanted to be sure.  She is smiling and laughing and playing with the other kids.  Tonight, another little girl wanted the book she had and she was very quick to flop her body on top of it.  =) 
 
Her personality can be summed up by this statement....she definitely has her own agenda but she just doesn't share it with anyone else.  But when you don't follow her secret agenda, she is not a happy camper......it makes for fun times!  But she sure is cute!!!!!
 
Would appreciate prayers for traveling and I'll try to post again if possible.

1 comment: